The Typewriter tool allows you to add typed text to your document. These textual annotations can be copied and pasted, transformed into reusable custom stamps, rotated, and edited, too.
The annotation ribbon for the Typewriter tool has three buttons:
- Options: allows you to change the text color and opacity.
- Font: allows you to change the text's font, size, color, and alignment.
- Cancel/Done: tap the "x" to exit the Typewriter mode before starting, or the check-mark to finish.
The editing ribbon for the Typewriter tool has seven buttons:
- Edit: allows you to edit the typewriter annotation's contents.
- Options: allows you to change the text's color and opacity.
- Font: allows you to modify the text's font, size, color, and alignment.
- Resize: allows you to resize and/or rotate the annotation.
- Stamp: allows you to save the typed text as a reusable custom stamp.
- Delete: allows you to delete the annotation from the document.
- Done: tap the check-mark to finish a Typewriter editing session.
Tips When Using the Typewriter Tool
The red grabbers at either side of the Typewriter box allow you to stretch the area occupied by the text, for better formatting.
To rotate a Typewriter annotation, place two fingers inside the flashing blue box and perform a twisting gesture. You may also need to be sufficiently zoomed-in for this gesture to work. During a rotation, you can also easily drag and reposition the markup on your page.